DHX MEDIA ANNOUNCES GRANT OF OPTIONS
Halifax, NS – 1 June 2009 – DHX Media Ltd (AIM & TSX ticker: ‘DHX’) (‘the Company’ or ‘DHX’), a leading independent international producer and distributor of mainly children’s television programming and interactive content, announces that the Company has granted options under its Stock Option Plan over an aggregate of 1,150,000 common shares. The options were granted on May 20, 2009 at a price of C$0.78 per share exercisable for a period of five years from the date of grant vesting as to 25% every twelve months for a period of 48 months starting twelve months from the date of grant.
These options were granted as follows:
a) To certain employees
b) To certain Directors and Officers of the Company as set out below:
- to J. William Ritchie, options over 100,000 common shares. J. William Ritchie now has a total of 240,000 shares under option.
- to Joseph Medjuck, options over 100,000 common shares. Joseph Medjuck now has a total of 240,000 shares under option.
- to Sir Graham Day, options over 100,000 common shares. Sir Graham Day now has a total of 240,000 shares under option.
- to Donald Wright, options over 100,000 common shares. Donald Wright now has a total of 240,000 shares under option.
- to Charles Bishop, options over 360,000 common shares. Charles Bishop now has a total of 400,000 shares under option.
- to Dana Landry, options over 150,000 common shares. Dana Landry now has a total of 512,500 shares under option.
- to Mark Gosine, options over 65,000 common shares. Mark Gosine now has a total of 100,000 shares under option.
For more information, please contact:
DHX Media Ltd. +1 902-423-0260
David A. Regan – EVP Corporate Development & IR
AIM Nominated Advisors:
Grant Thornton UK LLP +44 (0) 20 7383 5100
About DHX Media Ltd.
DHX Media Ltd. is a leading international producer and distributor of television programming and interactive content with an emphasis on children, family and youth markets. DHX Media Ltd. is listed on AIM and on the Toronto Stock Exchange. DHX Media’s production companies, Decode Entertainment and Halifax Film, are the producers or co-producers of 11 original television series or theatrical releases currently commissioned for production and maintain a growing library of over 1,700 half-hours of mostly children and youth-oriented television productions. www.dhxmedia.com
Certain statements herein may constitute forward-looking statements, including those identified by the expressions ‘‘may’’, ‘‘will’’, ‘‘should’’, ‘‘could’’, ‘‘anticipate’’, ‘‘believe’’, ‘‘plan’’, ‘‘estimate’’, ‘‘potential’’, ‘‘expect’’, ‘‘intend’’ and similar expressions to the extent they relate to the Company or its Management. These statements reflect the Company’s current expectations and are based on information currently available to Management. These forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from current expectations, including the matters discussed under ‘‘Risk Factors’’ contained in the Company’s prospectus dated May 12, 2006. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date hereof, and the Company assumes no obligation to update or revise them to reflect new events or circumstances.