WILDBRAIN CPLG TO REPRESENT EXCLUSIVE LICENSING & MERCHANDISING RIGHTS TO ANIMATED KIDS’ SERIES MANSOUR IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA
- WildBrain CPLG has been appointed to handle all merchandising categories for the animated kids’ series Mansour, including publishing and promotions, on behalf of the brand’s right holder, Creative Generation, which is fully managed by Bidaya Media.
- Mansour (Arabic: منصور) is an original Arabic cartoon created to engage Arab children aged 6-12 with native customs, culture and heritage. Focused on the importance of family, cultural diversity, creative thinking, innovation and the positive use of technology, Mansour is the first original Arabic cartoon series to reach significant scale, with over 1.3 billion cumulative views and over 2.1 million global subscribers on its YouTube channel.
- The series was originally created by award-winning Executive Producer Rashed Alharmoodi and was seed funded by Mubadala Investment Company. It was produced in partnership with twofour54 and Cartoon Network Studios Arabia.
- Neesha Krishna, Managing Director MENA and South Asia at WildBrain CPLG, said: “Mansour has quickly captured the imaginations of young audiences and established a wide fan base across the Middle East and North Africa. There is significant potential for building a broad cross-category merchandise program for this popular Arab hero.”
- Nabil El Jisr, the Chief Executive Officer of Bidaya Media, added: “We are very happy to announce our collaboration with WildBrain CPLG, who have a proven successful track record in this industry and we are confident that by aligning our efforts and joining forces in this way, we will together elevate our already popular Mansour IP to even greater heights!”
- Mansour follows the adventures of the namesake 12-year-old and his best friends, Shamma, Obaid and Salem. Whether their escapades take place at home, in the mall, at school, or further afield in the rainforests, pyramids and mountains, these inseparable buddies share the same zest for life as they embrace and explore a world full of excitement and opportunity.
For more information, please contact:
Aimée Norman at The DDA Group: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7957 564 050
Visit WildBrain CPLG at: cplg.com
Visit Bidaya Media at: bidayamedia.com